The Owasso Education Foundation (OEF) is excited to announce the 2019-20 grant application form will be open for admission starting on Friday, May 24th.
The mission of OEF is to support and encourage excellence in Owasso Public Schools by providing money to teachers for otherwise unfunded projects. Members of the Board of Trustees are volunteers in the community with a passion for Owasso education. They are not employees of Owasso Public Schools and are not compensated for their time in any way.
Grants submitted for consideration are reviewed anonymously by the Grant Allocation Committee. The committee rates each grant based on information submitted and responses provided in the grant application. The Grant Allocation Committee is made up of members of the OEF Board of Trustees. The OEF board determines how much total funding can be allocated in any given year for the total number of teacher grants that are selected to be funded.
Please make sure you complete the following tasks:
- Grant applications open for submission – Friday, May 24, 2019
- PD Grants will not be considered during the 2019-20 grant cycle.
- There will be no Early bird bonus points this year.
- Grant Deadline: Grant applications will be accepted until 5:00 PM on October 22, 2019.
- There are no exceptions to the grant application deadlines.
- Deadline for the Allocation Committee to turn in grant scores: November 1, 2019
- Evaluation period: Grant Allocation Committee will meet during the week of November 4 – November 8 to make decisions about grant allocations.
- November 13 board meeting.
- Grant Patrol November 15
The Grant Process
The Foundation only awards grants to individuals and groups affiliated with Owasso Public Schools.
1. Apply using Google Forms.
2. DO NOT disclose the name of the applicant(s) or school in the question section of the
application. Name(s) and the site should be on “information” portion of the form only.
1. The Foundation accepts proposals annually.
2. All requests will be evaluated and notification of acceptance or decline will be given
during Grant Patrol day.
3. Submissions not using the correct forms will NOT be reviewed.
4. Submissions not using the correct format will be declined and you will be notified.
If there is time, you may resubmit in the proper format.
5. All grant applications are sent to the Grant Chair and/or Executive Director for approval
prior to being reviewed by the Grant Committee.
6. Members of Grant Committee do not have any direct evidence identifying the applicant or
school site during the scoring process. Every effort is to hide the identity of the applicant.
7. All grants are scored based on criteria listed in the Grant Guidelines.